Follow these common sense rules to help avoid getting scammed:
- Dealing locally isn't always feasible, but it will help you avoid most scams.
- Never use "friends and family" as a payment method via Paypal. They will never help you in the case of a scam if you use this method. Always offer to pay the 3% fee; if the seller does not accept, we recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction.
- Consider dealing with Verified parties - they will have a 'Verified' badge on each of their listings. While this is not a guarantee, Verified parties have been vetted by Bottle-Spot.
- Always ensure money for payments made via on online pay service (i.e., PayPal) draw money from a credit card or your bank account. If the pay service won't help you, your credit company or banking institute may.
- Never send Cashiers Checks or Money Orders to sellers.
- Never wire money via Western Union, Moneygram, or other wire services.
- Never accept Cashiers Checks or Money Orders as they can be easily faked.
- Never give out financial information.
- Always remember, if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is!
Bottle-Spot is not involved in any transaction, we do not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer protection or certification